Watersheds to Sea Changes
Our oceans are losing millions of sea life due to climate change, plastic pollution, and over-fishing. Art can bypass fear and build knowledge, while promoting positive change to communicate our loss, our choices and our future. – Kira Carrillo Corser, Director, Sea Changes ACT Project
Get Involved – What You Can Do
Use cleaner and healthier alternatives to fossil fuels and advocate for more! Buying green energy for your home is one of the best ways to reduce your carbon emissions. You can find some resources on Global Energy Network Institute. If you live in the US, check the EPA’s Green Power Partnership.
WHAT YOU & YOUR FAMILY CAN DO
- Ask before you buy – only eat sustainable seafood CLICK HERE
- Recycle and reuse plastics – bring your own bags to the store CLICK HERE
- Join groups working for change – volunteer for clean ups CLICK HERE
WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH SEA CHANGES
- “Like” us on FaceBook and volunteer! – We love to hear from you, contact Sea Changes ACT or email Kiracorser@gmail.com
- Assist us – Help bring the virtual Undersea Installation and other artwork with science information displays to non-traditional locations
- Contribute – Your ideas for audience participation and solutions are encouraged. Visit FaceBook Sea Changes
- Download Lesson Plans – Or contribute your Lesson Ideas to Project Outreach!
Simple Alternative: Bring your own bag to the store.
The T-Shirt Tote Bag is an alternative to plastic bags. Easy to make, a “NO SEW” project! by Marjorie Pezzoli and Debb Solan. Get detailed instruction here …
Parking Lot Bag Reminders: k-12Avatar Bag Reminders: 6 -12